How to Complicate Your Life (Again) by Designing an Emblem
This entry in the Corpse Water - Corpse Diary, is another short tutorial on how to unnecessarily complicate your life when it comes to band logos.
After the previous design fiasco, I decided to scrap the idea of having an emblem altogether. That decision lasted about a week. Then I thought, nah, I’ll give it one more go.
I went back to the designer who was already working on the logo sketch and asked if he could also design an emblem. I gave the same instructions as before: use the same font, and absolutely nothing gory, intestine-y, or over the top.
What I hadn’t realised was that the logo package I’d already paid for actually included emblem design. He’d already started working on it and sent over a rough sketch to check he was on the right track. The moment I saw it, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. I approved it straight away, and a few days later the finished version arrived.
Of course, after all that, I completely forgot to include the emblem when the album artwork was being laid out. Thankfully, my eagle-eyed designer spotted it and managed to work it into the final design.
With the logo and emblem finally finished, it was time to move on to the next nightmare: the album artwork.