Spend Money to lose money
In this entry in the Corpse Water - Corpse Diary, things start to get a bit out of sync — mainly because I was trying to do far too many things at once. Nothing out of character there.
For a brief period, I tried to convince myself that the Cannibal Corpse–esque logo was usable, despite the fact that it very obviously looked like the Cannibal Corpse logo. While I was still entertaining that idea, I went back to the same artist and asked him to design an emblem.
I’ve always liked band emblems. Growing up with bands like Deicide and Morbid Angel, those symbols always stood out to me. I asked for something simple: just a C and a W in a circular design, using the same font as the logo.
That part didn’t happen.
The first version wasn’t great, the second was better, and although it still wasn’t quite right, I eventually accepted it. At that point, I didn’t have the time or patience to keep revising it, and since it wasn’t for a live band setup, it felt good enough to move on.
Lesson learned, once again: you get what you pay for.